Monday, May 18, 2009

Cron and php

Over the next few days I will be learning about the worlds of cron and php scripting. Cron works in a style very different from my brain so this will be an interesting adventure. php has never made it onto my radar other then water-cooler speak, so diving into existing php scripts and attempting to make them more efficient, could prove to be interesting as well. As stated in my previous blog posting. Learning new things is always good. However, can the same be said about learning new old things? Hmmmm.

But for tonight, I'm back in my comfy EJB3 world debugging some live code that is hiccuping along the way. It appears that one piece of functionality works locally and in the dev test environment but fails in production. Don't you just love environment issues. Apparently the client doesn't care that it "works on my machine". How rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment